Smart mobility in location development
How do you properly capture mobility needs when building new housing? How do you use area development to stimulate the mobility transition? And how do you determine whether the decisions you take now are future-proof and can count on sufficient support from all your stakeholders? These are all important questions in area development that we would like to help you answer.
Smart and clean mobility solutions in area developments
Over the next few years, the Netherlands will have to take up the housing challenge. As a result, (large-scale) urban environments will have to be infilled. This infill leads to increased mobility in areas that are already very busy. This could potentially make mobility a bottleneck. Expanding the car infrastructure is far from always an option. There is often no room for it, it is too expensive and it certainly does not always contribute to the quality of the living environment. That is why it is important to look for smarter and cleaner mobility solutions that still make the area to be developed accessible. To ensure that smart mobility solutions contribute optimally to creating an attractive and sustainable living environment, we have developed an approach.
Our approach using the smart mobility wheel
Using the 'smart mobility wheel' developed by Goudappel, we investigate possible solutions for mobility issues in area development. We go through a number of steps to arrive at concrete action perspectives for our clients.
Our 6-step approach
In short, our approach offers you an insight into the possibilities (and impossibilities) of area development with regard to mobility, insight into which smart solutions can be applied and what (quantitative) effect they have, as well as concrete action perspectives on how to optimally organise mobility, aimed at both the housing challenge and the mobility transition.
Why choose us for an advise about the use of smart mobility in location developments
- Goudappel has a good overview of the integrality of mobility issues and how they relate to other topics in area development. We have in-house consultants who approach mobility from various perspectives, such as spatial, traffic, safety or sustainability. Together, our experts arrive at an integrated approach.
- Our consultants have the most up-to-date knowledge of the entire scope of smart mobility and of the entire mobility domain.
- We base our insights and advice on high-quality mobility data and models. For example, we use OmniTRANS Spectrum.
- We can participate in the strategic, tactical and operational phases of an area development. We know what is important in which phase of area development, but also what the impact of certain decisions is on a follow-up phase.
- We know all the different stakeholders in the process, which makes us very suitable as a process supervisor and allows us to play an important role in creating support among all stakeholders.